The principle of Laser eye surgery is to use a specialist laser to precisely reshape the curvature of the cornea – the dome-shaped, clear window at the front of the eye.
Normally, images are clearly focussed on the retina at the back of the eye because the light rays are bent correctly to focus on the retinal surface.
In myopia – nearsightedness, hyperopia – farsightedness and astigmatism, light entering the eye is bent incorrectly and focused away from the retina which can cause blurred vision. Spectacles and contact lenses bend the light correctly to provide clear vision. Reshaping the profile of the cornea with laser surgery ensures that light is bent correctly onto the retina without the burden of spectacles or contact lenses.
Our specialist, independent NHS Consultant Eye Surgeons are dual-trained to the highest standard in cornea and refractive surgery. LASIK is considered to be one of the safest forms of refractive surgery, and it’s estimated that over 32 million LASIK procedures have been performed
What are the benefits of LASIK EYE SURGERY?
- Quick, painless procedure, lasting less than 10 minutes per eye.
- Rapid results, with patients often seeing well the next day.
- Clinically proven treatment – Research indicates that 92-98% of patients achieve their desired vision after LASIK treatment and complete satisfaction.
- End-to-end laser technology.
- Bladeless surgery.
- No stitches required.
- Further adjustments can be made in the future to correct vision should the need arise.